Q: When driving there is a loud clanking noise that I can feel in my shifter and when I push in the clutch I can feel it in my car

When driving there is a loud clanking noise that I can feel in my shifter and when I push in the clutch I can feel it in my whole car it even starts shaking the noise is obviously coming from the engine area

A: Hello - I suspect you may have a worn or da...

Hello - I suspect you may have a worn or damaged front u-joint problem with the driveshaft, since you can feel it through the shifter. given your mileage, the tailshaft housing bushing (for the driveshaft) in the transmission may also be worn, allowing the driveshaft to "wobble" more than it should as well. I would recommend having a car is shaking or vibrating inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.