Q: When driving, my wheels make a noise

It use to only be when I turn but now it is constant. the noise my front tires make is like when a big fan is turning. I was told it was my Hub assembly but I want to make sure before I spend the money.

Hi there. What you are describing is typically associated with a damaged hub assembly or wheel bearing assembly (same component - just different names). The noise is caused by reduced lubrication and the bearings developing excessive heat, which creates the constant ’fan like’ or whining sound. It’s always recommended to replace hub assemblies in pairs on the same axle, just like completing brake service, as if one has worn out, it’s likely the other one will soon.

3. When driving, my wheels make a noise