Q: when driving I have to correct a lot to keep going straight. but car stopps straight.

The coupler was just replaced on warrantee, also the Power steering rack replaced and alignment completed. there was some clicking when turning wheel when stopped.

after all the repairs: when driving I have to make minor corrections to keep going straight. but car stops straight when using brake. Tires 2 yrs old,, air pressure seems even.

It cost about $1,300 for the repairs at dealership.

any ideas on the steering question?

Thank you, Michael

The need for steering input to keep the vehicle tracking straight could be caused by misalignment and among the possibilities is too much cross camber. If the car tends to consistently track to the left, the camber setting on the left side of the car is more "positive" (measured in degrees) compared to the right side and the difference between the camber settings, left versus right (that is the "cross-camber") exceeds 0.5 degrees (typically 0.5 degrees is the maximum that OEM’s specify before tracking problems set in). On the other hand, if the tracking is consistently to the right, then the camber is more positive on the right than the left. Excessive cross caster could also be a cause, as well as a vehicle thrust angle that exceeds 0.5 degrees, side to side differentials in tire inflation pressure, tire faults (belt separations) and so forth. What I would suggest is schedule a suspension/alignment diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will confirm the diagnosis and help you identify a competent alignment facility to get this problem resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. when driving I have to correct a lot to keep going straight. but car stopps straight.