Q: When does cam belt need changing? It's a V6 2.8L Quattro though

As above, quite a simple question. Just not sure when an Audi A6 2.8L Quattro needs the cam belt/water pump etc. changed.

Thanks

A: Hi. Your car is running a timing chain and ...

Hi. Your car is running a timing chain and the timing chain is not a part that has to be replaced according to Audi. This is a good thing because most of the time the timing chain last for the life of the car. A lot of carbon company’s that use to use timing belts went to using timing chains to cut down the cost of maintenance to the consumer.