Q: When does cam belt need changing? It's a V6 2.8L Quattro though

As above, quite a simple question. Just not sure when an Audi A6 2.8L Quattro needs the cam belt/water pump etc. changed.

Hi. Your car is running a timing chain and the timing chain is not a part that has to be replaced according to Audi. This is a good thing because most of the time the timing chain last for the life of the car. A lot of carbon company’s that use to use timing belts went to using timing chains to cut down the cost of maintenance to the consumer.

3. When does cam belt need changing? It's a V6 2.8L Quattro though