Q: When cranking up my car the car seems to lock up and I have to turn it of and restart it to get it to start. When it's seems to be

When cranking up my car all the lights on the dashboard light up but the car will not start. But if I turn it off and restart crank the car it will start.

Hi Michelle. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, when you initially attempt to start the vehicle and there is no power to the starter, but you recycle the key (meaning turning it off and pressing forward again), it’s due to a faulty ignition electrical relay, or battery cables that are loose, dirty or damaged. The issue could also be caused by a battery that is wearing out and does not have enough cranking amps. Since there are multiple possible sources of this problem, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to locate the root source of this problem, so they they can verify what repairs need to be completed.

3. When cranking up my car the car seems to lock up and I have to turn it of and restart it to get it to start. When it's seems to be