Q: When coming to a stop my brakes make a grinding/clicking noise

When I'm driving at normal speed my brakes are fine, but when I'm coming to a stop, within the last few feet my brakes will make a grinding/clicking noise and I can feel it in the brake petal. It doesn't do it every time just every couple of times. It used to do it a lot when I had it in 4x4 and pressed the brakes, but I have never had this problem in 2wd until now. I checked my pads and I have plenty of pad left, my rotors look fine to me. I can't seem to figure it out. Also I have disk brakes in the front and rear and they all looked fine to me. Any help would be appreciated.

The bracket that is bolted to the steering knuckle, and that holds the caliper in position, should be inspected. That bracket has bushings within and sliding pins whose free operation and proper alignment are key to both brake operation and brake release when you take your foot off the brake pedal. All of the caliper bracket pins should be removed, inspected, replaced if need be, and greased with high temperature brake grease. The torque on the bolts holding both the bracket to the steering knuckle and the caliper to the bracket should be verified. If the noise happens to arise from the brake pad material, really the only solution is to remove the pads and install OEM friction material (rotors should be re-surfaced and/or de-glazed if any pad substitution is attempted). If you would like a diagnostic regarding this issue, please simply request a brake noise diagnostic and a certified mechanic will be dispatched by YourMechanic to evaluate your brakes and address all of your concerns. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.