Q: When cold and starting to drive, the steering is difficult to turn. Becomes normal after 20-50 yards driving.

Hopefully its a worn belt or tensioner?
Should I contact for an evaluation first or just schedule a repair?

Most of the time, power steering "morning sickness" is the result of a failing power steering rack. What usually happens, is the Teflon sealing rings on the control valve wear grooves into the rack, allowing pressure to bypass. Once the housing warms up, the metal expands and normal power assist is restored. Of course, your vehicle would need to be inspected firsthand to verify this theory. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your power steering problem.

• When cold and starting to drive, the steering is difficult to turn. Becomes normal after 20-50 yards driving.