Q: When can my child ride in the front?

When can my child ride in the front?

This one has nothing to do with automaker designs, and everything to do with your state’s specific regulations. You’ll need to check with your Department of Motor Vehicles or the Department of Consumer Affairs to learn exactly what laws and regulations your state has in regards to age, height and weight for children to sit in the front.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommends that children younger than 12 years of age remain in the back seat regardless of weight or height considerations.

3. When can my child ride in the front?