Q: When blinker is on, the dashboard light turn off

Each time I turn the blinker light on, the dashboard lights turn off. The lights would come back on once the blinker is in place. But ocassionally, I have to tap the blinker. How can I fix this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1994 Mazda MX-6. This sounds like either a weak electrical ground for the dashboard lights, or possibly a short in the turn signal mechanism - perhaps in the turn signal switch itself. Have a professional mechanic who has automotive electrical training check this out. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the electrical system to pinpoint the correct repair.

3. When blinker is on, the dashboard light turn off