Q: When blinker is on, the dashboard light turn off

Each time I turn the blinker light on, the dashboard lights turn off. The lights would come back on once the blinker is in place. But ocassionally, I have to tap the blinker. How can I fix this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1994 Mazda MX-6. This sounds like either a weak electrical ground for the dashboard lights, or possibly a short in the turn signal mechanism - perhaps in the turn signal switch itself. Have a professional mechanic who has automotive electrical training check this out. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the electrical system to pinpoint the correct repair.