Q: Wheel weights hit brakes and vibrations develop

Due to how the brakes were placed on my car (this model), I’ve been told that there is a problem and difficulty in correctly adding wheel weights which keep the tires properly balanced. I had purchased new tires and the shop re-balanced them when I learned this information. Now I am having to “frequently” have the tires re-balanced or else a vibration develops. If not placed in the proper position, as the wheel weights go around they will hit the brakes. This is a not only annoying, but very expensive and time consuming to have to continually have the tires re-balanced. Do you know of any solutions for this problem?

There are few reasons for this occurrence, as there are sticky weights which are held on by an adhesive to the inside of the wheel. The other option is a hammer on weight that clips onto the edge of the wheel rim and both do their job well as long as they are installed properly. The case is the same for aftermarket wheels. If you want to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the vibration problem and advise you on recommended next actions.