Q: Wheel lug nut off safety?

Is the tire going to fall off if one of the wheel's lug nuts came off?

Hi there,

Anytime there is a missing lug nut or lug bolt, the question of why it is missing must be asked. If one of the nuts is missing, there is a good chance it was never tightened down properly in the first place, which means the others might not be tightened down either. I suggest that you don’t drive the vehicle with any missing lug nuts, as this could very quickly become a safety issue. The best thing for you to do now would be to contact a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They can come to you and inspect your vehicle to find the exact reason that there is a missing lug nut, inspect for any other damage, and if everything else is ok, help you get your wheel properly installed and torqued to specification.

3. Wheel lug nut off safety?