Q: Wheel lug nut off safety?

Is the tire going to fall off if one of the wheel's lug nuts came off?

Hi there,

Anytime there is a missing lug nut or lug bolt, the question of why it is missing must be asked. If one of the nuts is missing, there is a good chance it was never tightened down properly in the first place, which means the others might not be tightened down either. I suggest that you don’t drive the vehicle with any missing lug nuts, as this could very quickly become a safety issue. The best thing for you to do now would be to contact a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They can come to you and inspect your vehicle to find the exact reason that there is a missing lug nut, inspect for any other damage, and if everything else is ok, help you get your wheel properly installed and torqued to specification.