Q: Wheel bearings

I know my problem is the front wheel bearings. I'm on a budget and I try to do stuff myself or at least buy the parts I need before taking my car into a garage. My question is a two parter. 1. Is putting on wheel bearings/hub assembly just as simple as putting on brakes? 2. What is a decent moderately priced wheel bearing hub assembly for a 2003 Jeep Liberty sport V6 3.7?

Hi there:

Simply put, wheel bearing replacement is not as easy as replacing front brakes; so it’s not a job that I’d recommend completing on your own if you haven’t done it before. In regards to buying a good wheel bearing, two pieces of advice on this. First, always replace them in pairs (both axle at the same time) and it’s always best on a four wheel drive like your Liberty to stick with OEM replacement parts or certified aftermarket replacement parts approved by Jeep. If you have one of our mobile mechanics complete your wheel bearing replacement; you’ll save a lot of money as opposed to taking it to a shop.

3. Wheel bearings