Q: Q: Wheel bearing

How long does a wheel bearing usually last and is it classes as wear and tear?

Wheel bearings come in sealed and non-sealed designs. The sealed design should last about 60,000 and the non-sealed should be cleaned and repacked every 30,000 or replaced every 60,000 as required. The warranty on these should be covered under power train warranty. It is a lubricated part like a bearing in the rear-end or engine and should be treated as such. If it is not covered by the dealer and you need help having your wheel bearings replaced, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this task.

3. Q: Wheel bearing