Q: whats the cost of replacing timing chains and plugs cover gaskets and plug wires?

I took car to a mobile diagnostics here in town and the guy says it sounds like a loose timing chain .. The car sputters on highway and sounds like loose aluminum when I hit the gas.. Any other suggestions before I spend over 1000bux to fix this

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your timing chain has worn to the point of affecting engine performance. This is commonly caused by worn guides, or a stretched chain, both of which cannot be repaired, only replaced. If performance is being affected it is likely that the chain or guides are severely worn and should be serviced soon, as damage can occur to the engine if either of them break. If you have any doubts, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location, to confirm the issue and replace the timing chain.

• whats the cost of replacing timing chains and plugs cover gaskets and plug wires?