Q: Whats the best type of power steering fluid to put into my volvo 850 year1995and how do test the pump to see if it needs to be r

My wheel is extremely hard to turn and I think the pump might need to be replaced. I have to refill fluid almost every day. Is there any other possibilities that could be the issue other than the power steering pump? How do I test the pump? Also Whats the best fluid to use to refill?

Pumps are tested based on output pressure. If the output pressure is within the factory specified range, the pump is not the issue. Obviously, there is a leak in your system. The leak may simply be coincidental, that is not a cause of the hard steering, and if so the cause may be blocked lines, a defect in the steering rack, or mechanical binding in other steering system components. Your vehicle uses ordinary ATF fluid, that is Dexron-III/Mercon transmission fluid. To get the underlying fault identified in your steering system, you can request a power steering system inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Whats the best type of power steering fluid to put into my volvo 850 year1995and how do test the pump to see if it needs to be r