Q: Whats the best and cheapest way to relace a broken spider gear in the rear end?

The pumpkin (or spider gear) is broken off the rear end axle

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your GMC...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your GMC Yukon. You would first have to determine what caused the gears to break. If the rear end is repairable then get the broken parts replaced. If it's too damaged then I recommend getting a used rear end from a junk yard and install it. If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and service your vehicle.