Q: What would you consider a good MPG for this SUV? I'm getting around 12 and I think that is very low.

My mile per gallon seems to be very low. I do city driving, very low speeds, very seldom freeway travel. I tend not to hot rod anymore, so I expect better mileage than I'm getting. Is there something I can do to increase my MPG? Or is 12 MPG average for this SUV?

A: Based upon experience, I would recommend th...

Based upon experience, I would recommend the following in order:

Have your throttle body and fuel system serviced.
Clean your mass air flow sensor.
Check your mileage afterwards.
Look at having your oxygen sensors replaced (normally an 80 k interval)

The process goes from cheapest to more expensive. You should at least get 18-22 MPG depending on driving habits.

We can help you with your issue.

Recommended services
Get a Quote