Q: What would most likely be the problem

When you put car into 1st gear feels like it's in 4th gear same as with 2nd. When ya try take off it feels normal for a 3rd gear take off. When ya put into reverse it try s to take off forwards. If ya take off in 3rd once ya get some revs it drives normal in 3rd and 4th but if you put into 5th it's like it's in 3rd gear what would be the issue ? Linkages? Selector inside gearbox?

This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.