Q: What would keep the car from using all the gas in the carburetor on a short (6 block) drive?

We drive the car about 20 miles, and it works great. Then restarts fine. Then a really short (1/2 mile) drive, and it wont restart. It acts like it is flooded.

Hi there. When the carburetor is acting like its flooded, then this condition is called vapor lock. The fuel line may be getting too hot along the engine and causing the fuel to boil inside the fuel line. I recommend relocating the fuel line so its not too close to the engine and see if the carburetor stops vapor locking. If you need further assistance with the carburetor vapor locking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• What would keep the car from using all the gas in the carburetor on a short (6 block) drive?