Q: What would cause the motor not to crank and the dash lights to stay on? 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500

I changed the motor in my Chevy Truck and now the dash lights and headlights won't go off and my truck won't crank

Hi - check fuses first, then check the engine wiring harness, especially the starter wiring, for correct re-connection. The behavior suggests either no engine-to-chassis ground, or incorrect wiring. Either or both appear to be "back-feeding" 12 volts to the dash lights and headlights. If you are unable to make headway, and wish to have some assistance, I would recommend an inspection of the engine wiring by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. What would cause the motor not to crank and the dash lights to stay on? 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500