Q: What would cause the engine on my 2012 vw cc 2.0 Turbo to chug at around 30-35 mph? Almost feels as though engine is misfiring.

The engine on my 2012 VW CC 2.0 turbo seems to chug when driving between 30-35 mph. The tach stays steady, but car feels like it is missing. Any thoughts?

Hi there. The symptoms that you describe seem to be a transmission slipping. Check the transmission oil level and make sure that it’s full and red in color. If the fluid color is very dark red or black, then the transmission is overheating by either slipping or overloading causing the fluid to burn. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the transmission could be slipping and would need to rebuilt or replaced. A slipping transmission will cause the vehicle to chug around when the rpm’s are steady. Eventually, the rpm’s will begin to increase as the transmission slips more often. I recommend performing a transmission service before replacing any parts. If you need further assistance with your chugging issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What would cause the engine on my 2012 vw cc 2.0 Turbo to chug at around 30-35 mph? Almost feels as though engine is misfiring.