Q: what would cause no reading on coolant and ac to stop working

My coolant display temp is a digital readout and its displaying ---- When this happens the ac also stops working. It doesnt do it all the time.what could cause this?

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s coolant temperature displaying ---- and a/c stops working, are most likely related. It could be, a faulty coolant temperature sensor intermittently going open. It could be, a poor electrical connection causing the inoperative display. The coolant temperature is monitored by the BCM (body control module) and PCM (powertrain control module). If, the engine’s coolant temperature is not being recognized, the PCM could disable the a/c not knowing the vehicle’s engine temperature, and the IPC (instrument panel cluster) display could be ---- because, the BCM is not recognizing the engine’s coolant temperature. I recommend having your vehicle’s intermittent coolant temp display and a/c stops working be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. what would cause no reading on coolant and ac to stop working