Q: What would cause my GEN light and low battery gauge readings

So I already had my battery checked and charged and I checked my 120amp fuse I replaced that just in case so after installing those I started my truck and let it run and my battery gauge was still low and my GEN light came back on so now I am wondering what else it could be I check my cables to my battery and the battery is practically brand new as well as the cables my only other guess is the alternator but I'd rather get advice before pulling the alternator out to go get it tested what do you think it could be

Hi There, This is quite likely a sign of a failing alternator which is generally what causes the GEN light to come on. As you may know, the alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator or the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. What would cause my GEN light and low battery gauge readings