Q: What would cause my GEN light and low battery gauge readings

So I already had my battery checked and charged and I checked my 120amp fuse I replaced that just in case so after installing those I started my truck and let it run and my battery gauge was still low and my GEN light came back on so now I am wondering what else it could be I check my cables to my battery and the battery is practically brand new as well as the cables my only other guess is the alternator but I'd rather get advice before pulling the alternator out to go get it tested what do you think it could be

3. What would cause my GEN light and low battery gauge readings