Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-80463-1g5igywjs:173:8

Q: What was the device that prevented my car from starting and blew a fuse? Is it safe now?

So, my car stopped while driving it. Then it wouldn't start and only lights and radio came on. I had a mechanic friend look at it and he found a blown fuse. We used a jumper and tried to start the car. It cranked but was still struggling to start. My sister noticed smoke coming from the left side. We discovered that it was coming from two disconnected wires attached to a little black box. My friend took the device out, taped the wires with electrical tape and tried to start the car. It started easily. We replaced the fuse and now it starts. What was the device and is my car safe to drive?

A: This sounds like an aftermarket addition, w...

This sounds like an aftermarket addition, which are often wired in pretty poorly by people that install them. I would suggest having the car inspected by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, before doing any long drives with it. They will be able to inspect your electrical system and diagnose why your car stalled in the first place. Once this is done, the necessary repairs can be made to ensure that the car is safe for the road.