Q: What vw engine fits on an audi a4 1997 replacing 1.9tdi

i need to replace an a4 tdi 1.9 cant find an engine that will use same computer box and connections

A: You might try the interchange feature at Ca...

You might try the interchange feature at Car-Part's website. Generally, it is pretty hard to find drop in interchanges because the computer and other features, even if they change minimally from one year to the next, usually render an interchange impossible unless you are able to do programming and other very technically complex tasks. At car-part.com you may indeed find your original engine and you should try that search strategy first at that site. Another possibility is to rebuild your existing engine.