Q: What type of wiring go In the dashboard of a car?

I turned my car on and maybe 30-40 seconds after I did thick smoke starting shooting out from under my dashboard with a burning smell to it, I'm assuming it's wiring considering that I've seen the wiring before and even I who use to work for electronics thought it would be a good idea to get around to covering some wires but never had the time too. Now I don't know if the damage is more than just wiring

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is unlikely, with the amount of other issues that can go wrong with the vehicle, that the wiring caused a thick smoke that suddenly. Wiring issues typically start small and get larger as they combust the area around the fire. What color was the smoke? Black, grey, and blue tinted smoke are typically petroleum based products like fuel or oil. While steam or white is typically the cooling system or antifreeze. Check your fluids and see which one is low and may have been the source of substance for the smoke. That does not mean that your exposed wiring is not an issue. You should still take the necessary steps to resolve those issues as well.