Q: What type of transmission fluid do I use?

I have a 1999 Honda Civic HX and the clutch stopped working. At first, it was rough switching between gears and I had to force it into gear just to get it home. I haven't driven it since, but when I started up and tried to get going the other day for the first time since then, it made a buzzing sound trying to get it in gear and the clutch was loose when I pressed on it. I'm thinking I need transmission fluid and probably an oil change as well, since the oil is leaking. So what type of transmission fluid do I need? Thank you! :)

Hi there. Chances are the inoperative clutch is not related to the transmission fluid. Honda manual transmission fluid or equivalent would be recommended at he time of transmission service. The most likely cause for the clutch pedal feeling loose is, a faulty clutch slave cylinder and/or faulty clutch master cylinder. Having the engine oil and filter changed is great for maintenance but, the oil leak should be identified and repaired. I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative clutch be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.