Q: What type of gas should be used?

What type of gas should be used?

A: Pull up to the average gas station and you’...

Pull up to the average gas station and you’ll find you have several different options when it comes to the grade of gasoline you put in your car. There’s regular, mid-grade and “high-test” available, but which should you use in your Civic?

Actually, Honda recommends that you run 87 octane and higher on 1.8L engines and 91 octane or higher on 2.4L engines.

• Never use diesel in your car.

• Honda recommends running a detergent gasoline in your car to help keep the engine clean and prevent deposits from forming.

• Using low-grade gasoline (under 87 octane) can result in engine knock, which will damage the engine in your car.