Q: What type of foot brake does it have?

What type of foot brake does it have?

A: Your car is equipped with a couple of diffe...

Your car is equipped with a couple of different brake systems. There’s the parking brake, which is used to make sure your car doesn’t roll while parked on a slope. There’s the antilock brake system, which is designed to augment the foot brakes, and then there are the foot brakes themselves (the brakes on each wheel).

Depending on your trim level, you may have four-wheel disc brakes, or you may have disc brakes on the front and drum brakes on the rear. In either instance, operating the brakes is the same – press the brake pedal to slow down and stop.

Tips

• The antilock brake system is only a supplemental system. Your main brakes will work whether the antilock system is operational or not.

• Your brakes need regular inspections and maintenance (whether you have four-wheel disc brakes or disc and drum brakes).