Q: What transmission solenoid controls the kick down on the gears?

?

The transmission is controlled by engine speed, vehicle speed and throttle opening. The computer determines the gear to up or downshift to. If you are having a shift concern then the computer system should b checked for codes and pinpoint tests done on the codes to locate problem. A shift cable that is bad will not put selector on transmission in correct gear and will not up or downshift correct. Have system tested by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

3. What transmission solenoid controls the kick down on the gears?