Q: What to know if a gas tank out of a 2004 cavalier will fit in a 1998 cavalier

Will a 2004 cavalier gas tank fit a 1998 cavalier because I have a free tank but if it does not fit then I don't need it

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Che...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Cavalier. Unfortunately, the fuel tank in the cavaliers were the same up to 1998, but then changed in 1999 through 2005. The 2004 fuel tank will not work in your 1998 Cavalier. If you're making some replacements to your car, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.