Q: What tires should I use for winter driving?

What tires should I use for winter driving?

If you live in an area where snow in the wintertime is not just a possibility, but a certainty, then you need to make sure your car is prepared. Winter car prep is vital, but you also need to pay attention to your tires. At the very least, you should have tires rated for mud and snow (M&S on the sidewall).

However, if you live in an area where heavy snow accumulations are common, it might be best to have a set of winter tires (studded). If you don’t invest in winter tires, make sure you carry a set of tire chains in the trunk for emergency use.

• Snow Tires: Only use radial snow tires, and only use a full set (never use only two at a time).

• Tire Chains: Only install tire chains on the two front tires. Honda recommends using only specific types of tire chains – SCC Radial Chain SC1034 for SE, LX and LX-P, and SCC Radial Chain SC1036 for Ex, EX-L and V6 engines.

Tip

Always use caution when installing tire chains. Make sure they don’t touch the brake lines or any suspension components.

3. What tires should I use for winter driving?