Q: What tips should be followed regarding seating?

What tips should be followed regarding seating?

A: While you probably don’t think much about i...

While you probably don’t think much about it, seating in your car should be done in the right way. The wrong position or the wrong loading for cargo can greatly compromise your safety and security on the road. Here are the tips you’ll need to follow:

• Don’t recline the seatback too far backward. You can slide under the seat belt during an accident.

• Don’t stack cargo any higher than the back of the seats. It can spill or tip over during an impact.

• Always check that the seatback is completely secure after adjusting it before driving.

• Don’t drive the car without the front head restraints in place (the rear restraints can be removed as long as no one is sitting in that seat, or the seat is being occupied by a small child in a car seat).