Q: What tips should be followed for operating the Heating and Air Conditioning?

What tips should be followed for operating the Heating and Air Conditioning?

In order to get the most out of your car’s Heating and Air Conditioning system, you’ll need to use it correctly. Here are the tips recommended by Ford:

• Use the front defrost or defrost and lower vents setting to combat humidity and moisture on your windshield during humid weather.

• Try not to drive with the system set to Recirculate with the air conditioning off, or with the Climate Control system off as it can build up humidity in the vehicle.

• Airflow from the front seats to the back seats largely occurs underneath the seats themselves. Placing items under the front seats will restrict airflow.

• The Air Intake is located at the base of the windshield. Make sure to remove debris like leaves, snow and ice from this area.

• Roll the windows down slightly and drive for 2-3 minutes during hot weather to reduce the time it takes to cool down the interior of your car.

• No matter what vent setting you have chosen, you may feel some air from the floor vent. This is normal.

• What tips should be followed for operating the Heating and Air Conditioning?