Q: What tips and steps should I follow to care for the CD player?

What tips and steps should I follow to care for the CD player?

While your car’s CD player is designed to be largely maintenance free, there are a few things that you’ll need to know about care and maintenance. Follow the tips below:

• Don’t insert discs with damaged or peeling labels.

• Don’t touch the playing surface of a disc – the oils can transfer inside your radio, and they will also smudge the disc, possibly making it skip.

• Only play round CDs in your player.

• Never attempt to play a mini-CD in your player.

• Don’t leave your CDs exposed to high heat or direct sunlight. They can warp and get stuck in the CD player.

• Clean your CDs regularly, but always wipe from the center toward the outside edge with a clean, soft cloth.

3. What tips and steps should I follow to care for the CD player?