Q: What tips and precautions should I follow when installing a car seat?

What tips and precautions should I follow when installing a car seat?

There is nothing more important than making sure your child is safe and secure while you’re on the road. While the right car seat will help, there are quite a few precautions that should be followed here to enhance safety and reduce risk:

• Use a size appropriate child seat (rear-facing, front-facing or booster seat).

• Put the car seat on the passenger side of the car (in the second row seat).

• Always make sure the car seat is installed and secured properly. Double check it every time you put your child in the car, even if the seat was not removed.

• Make sure the front seat is positioned so it does not touch the car seat.

• Make sure that the second row base and seatback are at the same angle and position if you’re installing a car seat in the center seating position.

• What tips and precautions should I follow when installing a car seat?