Q: What sort of service items can the Maintenance Minder on remind me about?

What sort of service items can the Maintenance Minder on remind me about?

The Maintenance Minder™ on your car is designed to help ensure you have the vehicle serviced at the right time. Not servicing the car will reduce fuel economy, create additional wear and tear, and might result in damage. There are several different maintenance codes that you might see displayed. Here’s what you should know:

1. Code A indicates that it’s time for an oil change.

2. Code B may indicate the following:

• Oil change with filter

• Brake inspection

• Parking brake adjustment inspection

• Tie rod and suspension inspection

• Driveshaft boot inspection

• Brake hose inspection

• Fuel line inspection

• Exhaust system inspection

There may be numbers that follow the code A or B indicator The numbers refer to the following:

1. A code 1 indicates it’s time to rotate your tires.

2. A code 2 indicates it’s time for a new air filter, a new cabin filter and an inspection of your engine’s belt.

3. A code 3 indicates it’s time to change your transmission fluid.

4. A code 4 indicates that you need your spark plugs replaced and the valve clearance inspected.

5. A code 5 indicates that you need to have a coolant service.

• What sort of service items can the Maintenance Minder on remind me about?