Q: What sort of advanced feature do the front air bags have?

What sort of advanced feature do the front air bags have?

Your car has advanced air bags that do more than just inflate during any impact. There’s actually a lot of technology built into this system designed to help keep you and your passengers safer during collisions.

1. Seat Position Sensors: One of the most important features is the seat position sensor. If your seat (or the passenger front seat) is moved too far forward, the air bag will only partially inflate. This is to prevent serious injury.

2. Weight Sensor: The passenger front seat has a weight sensor designed to detect if there’s an adult passenger in the seat. If there is no passenger, the air bag on that side will not deploy.

Tip

If the position sensor for the driver seat has malfunctioned, the air bag will inflate completely no matter where the seat is positioned.