Q: What should I know about using the electronic compass?

What should I know about using the electronic compass?

If your car is equipped with an electronic compass, you’ll find it displayed in the center information console (note: this is not available on all Fusions). It provides handy direction information, but there are a few things you should know:

• Strong electric and magnetic fields can and will affect the compass.

• In most instances, your compass will auto-correct to the right direction within a few days of interference.

• Compass readings can also be affected by the proximity of tall buildings, bridges and other things.

• You may need to set the right zone setting to ensure the accuracy of your compass.