Q: What should I know about unlocking the doors with my remote?

What should I know about unlocking the doors with my remote?

A: You can use your remote to unlock the doors...

You can use your remote to unlock the doors of your car from a distance, or you can lock the doors from outside the car without having to press the power door Lock button or use the keypad on the driver door. There are two operating modes offered:

Two-Step Unlocking

The default operating mode is two-step unlocking. With this mode, a single press of the Unlock button will unlock only the driver front door. Pressing the Unlock button twice rapidly will unlock all the doors.

One-Step Unlocking

While two-step unlocking is the default for your car, you can set the system for one-step unlocking. This allows you to unlock all the doors at the same time by pressing the Unlock button just once.