Q: What should I know about the Remote Entry system?

What should I know about the Remote Entry system?

A: Your car’s Remote Entry system allows you t...

Your car’s Remote Entry system allows you to lock and unlock the doors and trunk from a distance. It even allows you to open the windows without being in the car. Of course, it also arms the alarm, and includes a panic button in case you find yourself in danger. However, there are a few things you need to know about the system:

• The maximum range is about 33 feet.

• Weather, nearby radio signals and other obstacles can reduce the range

• The remote will work while the key is in the ignition, except while initially cranking the engine (in the start position).

• The panic button works at all times, including when the ignition is off.