Q: What should I know about the cruise control system?

What should I know about the cruise control system?

While the cruise control system in your car is very convenient, allowing you to set a certain speed and then have the car’s computer maintain it, there are some things that you’ll need to know. Here are the most important Tips

• Only use cruise control if you’re in an area where you can maintain the set speed for long durations.

• If the vehicle stability control system comes on, cruise control will be cancelled.

• If the Cruise light in the dash flashes, it means you need to press the button to turn the system off, then back on again. If it continues flashing have the vehicle inspected.

• You can use the coast braking function by holding the cruise lever down to decelerate. The brakes will automatically come on (the brake lights, too).

• Keep the cruise control system off if you’re not using it to avoid accidentally setting a speed.

• Don’t use cruise control in poor driving conditions (rain, hazardous weather) or when you’re towing a load.

3. What should I know about the cruise control system?