Q: What should I know about operating a Bluetooth device?

What should I know about operating a Bluetooth device?

Your car is equipped with Bluetooth technology, which allows you to connect a number of different devices wirelessly, including your smartphone. You can make phone calls, stream audio and more. However, there are a number of different factors that can affect performance and connectivity. Here’s what you should know:

• If the device is in the back seat, reception will be poor or nonexistent. Keep the device in the front seat for connectivity.

• If the device is in the glove box, it will not connect.

• If the device has a low battery, connection may be limited.

• If the device does not have Bluetooth, you cannot connect it.

• If the device is not paired with the car, it will not work.

Tip

If you decide to sell your car (or even give it to your college student), make sure to clear your paired devices.

3. What should I know about operating a Bluetooth device?