Q: What safety precautions should you follow with the air bags?

What safety precautions should you follow with the air bags?

The six air bags in your car are designed to work in tandem with your seat belts to protect you and your passengers during an accident. However, there are some important safety tips to follow here.

1. Never rely on air bags only. Always wear your seat belts.

2. Never put hard/sharp objects in front of an air bag. It can easily cause serious injury if the air bag inflates.

3. Never put anything on the air bag covers (the covers are marked with SRS Air Bag).

4. Always sit as far back in the seat as possible.

5. Position the seat as far from the steering wheel as you can while still having the right grip on the wheel and reach for the pedals.

6. Don’t try to deactivate your air bags.