Q: What safety precautions should parents follow?

What safety precautions should parents follow?

A: In addition to ensuring that children ride ...

In addition to ensuring that children ride in the back, and that they’re correctly seated in a rear facing car seat, a front facing car seat, or booster seat as dictated by your state’s laws, you should also follow these precautions:

• Laps Are a No-No: Never ride with a child in your lap.

• No Sharing Belts: Seat belts are designed for one person at a time. Don’t share seat belts with a child, ever.

• No Double Riding: Never allow two children to use the same seat belt.

• Lock Belts Up: Unused seat belts should be buckled and tightened to prevent children from possibly wrapping it around their neck.

• Lock Doors: Child locks should be engaged on the rear doors.