Q: What's wrong with my car

When I went out to my car on Friday morning I noticed the passengers side was saturated with water likely from a heavy rain the night before. When I put the key in the ignition and started my car the horn started beeping like the car alarm was tripped. I took key out of ignition and it stopped but then I noticed the power door locks do not work on both sides but power windows do. I also found out radio does not work. When I got out of the car and shut the door the horn started beeping like the alarm without the car even on. So now I had to leave door cracked to stop beeping. Any ideas please help. We just removed horn relay switch to stop beeping so i could shut door. When I turn on engine now lights blink like alarm going off and still no power to radio or door locks.

A: If the passenger side floor was saturated, ...

If the passenger side floor was saturated, then you should pull up the carpeting and check all the wiring and possible computers, control modules, etc, that are located on the passenger side. Some may be on the floor under carpeting/insulation and others may be under the dash.

The source of the leak should be located and repaired before repairing or replacing any wiring or electronics. For now, you should disconnect the battery, pull the carpeting up and allow things to dry. Then if you haven't already found out, check to see where the water is getting into the car from.

You may need to have a local repair shop take a look at it or set an appointment with a mobile tech from YourMechanic to diagnose the electrical issues for you. First thing though, disconnect the battery and let the car dry out.