Q: What's wrong with my A/C - 2001 Toyota

Haven't used the car or A/C much. The A/C seemed to be working fine, cold and no noise at all. Then suddenly I noticed some thin white smoke? (no smell) or condensation puffs? coming just out of the front vent. I turned off A/C immediately. Could it be it just needs recharging? Never has been serviced since the car is rarely driven...

The smoke you’ve seen is most likely the A/C evaporator leaking in the dash. The only way to fix it is to remove and replace the evaporator. If you try and recharge it then the refrigerant will just leak out again. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and diagnose your A/C issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. What's wrong with my A/C - 2001 Toyota