Q: What’s the proper way to refuel?

What’s the proper way to refuel?

A: While refueling your car isn’t particularly...

While refueling your car isn’t particularly complicated, there are a few specific steps you’ll want to follow with the Honda Accord. Don’t worry – it’s easy:

1. Pull up with the driver’s side facing the pump.

2. Open the fuel door by pulling the release lever inside the car (on the driver side floorboard).

3. Remove the gas cap.

4. Place the gas cap in the holder on the back of the fuel door (helps keep you from losing it).

5. Fill the tank, but stop after the nozzle automatically clicks off (don’t overfill the tank because that eliminates space needed for fuel expansion as it warms up).

6. Replace the gas cap. Make sure it’s tight and properly seated, or the Check Engine Light or Check Fuel Cap light may come on in the dash.

7. Close the fuel door.