Q: What's going on with my car?

My camry has been out of service since July. When I drove it home it began doing this weird thing of losing power and the throttle not accelerating correctly. The rpms goes up when you gas but it doesnt move accordingly. I did a check engine light diagnostic and came out with two codes P0746, P2714. Can you please explain that to me, and roughly how much the repairs would cost? Thank you.

A: Hi. The codes that you have stored in your ...

Hi. The codes that you have stored in your vehicle’s computer are for the pressure control solenoids inside the transmission. The solenoid is stuck off and is not performing like it should be. Sometimes these solenoids can be replaced without tearing apart the inside of transmission, and if that is the case, the job will not be that expensive compared to replacing the transmission. If the solenoids can be replaced without tearing apart the transmission, the job will cost less than if the transmission has to be torn down to fix the problem. The best thing to do in this case may be to replace the transmission.