Q: What's causing my car to all the sudden lose power steering and the A/C to stop blowing cold?

I have a 2005 Buick Century 3.1 V6. I was in the middle of backing up into a parking space when my power steering went out and my A/C started blowing warm. I also heard this really loud squeaking coming from the engine bay. So I popped the hood up and the serpentine belt was still on and spinning on all of the pulleys but it would stop and spin erratically. I drove my car down the street and it started to over heat. Could anyone tell me what the issue might be please?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Buick Century. If the belt would stop and spin intermittently but was still intact then you more than likely have a bad harmonic balancer. The balancer deteriorates and the outer pulley separates from the inner pulley. This will need to be replaced. If you need to have this done, consider having a technician from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to repair the harmonic balancer.